Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Yam or Paper Mache?

I was just talking with my old roommate Jessie over the email and she reminded me of a funny that happened last fall. For those that know me, I love Yams. They are so good! I cooked them frequently and one time, I put some in the oven to have cooked ones on hand for the week. But I had a million things I had to do and ran to institute, not even thinking about the Yam. When I got out of institute, 2 hours later, I had a voicemail from Jessie, wondering if I meant to leave the Yam in the oven that whole time. HA HA! I immediately called her and said, "No! Please turn off the oven!"


When I got home, the Yam looked like a paper mache yam. It was so funny! But still delicious. Morel of the story? Yams are good no matter how long you cook them. Just don't burn the house down.


(I have been lucky with this b/c I always leave the candle warmer on and one time, not too long ago, I left it on for almost 2 days. Yikes!)

2 comments:

Jes said...

If you're wondering it made the whole house smell like Thanksgiving. Who needs a Candle Breeze when you have Cami?

Mel said...

ALOOOOOHA!!!! Kelli gave me your address...thanks for making me feel cool by being frequented.

If it makes you feel any better, I have NEVER turned off my candle warmer. It's been going since February.