Friday, July 6, 2007

Triple 6's on my Skull

Keith and I have just put a deposit on a condo-to-be in Centerville. Construction is to begin within the next 2 months. We are in the grace period, so we have 30-45 days before we have to sign the Purchase Agreement, but have a lot reserved. They are going fast. We have been looking all over Davis County at Real Estate and it's pretty pricey, so we are excited about this little jem we found. Nice location, brand new, relatively big for the price (3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms), fenced in community. We are looking at some other options but this assures we will have the lot should we choose to keep it come the end of the month.

Stress. Stress is like sugar to my subconscious. I just can't get enough. Who gets married and looks to buy a house all within 6 months? What am I thinking?! For some reason we feel the need to trade in our souls for a more comfortable lifestyle. Not that we can't afford it, and I do like the idea of not sharing a basement apartment with half the insects in the neighborhood and having a working stove/oven. (That's a story in and of itself). Still, it's a bit nerve racking and my sweet husband has a huge fobia of committment and change (don't ask me how we actually got married). So it's extra work trying to keep him calm and feel like we haven't just made the biggest mistake of our lives. Men. They feel so much pressure to do what's right by their families. Bless his heart, he tries so hard and he will succeed. What a good man.

Only time will tell what really happens. It's a scary thought, having a mortgage. It means I'll be working for a really long time, which is inevitable. I do like the idea of granite countertops and a whirlpool tub. (I'm seduced so easily..... Sigh.)

2 comments:

gurrbonzo said...

It's not just "who gets married and looks to buy a house all within 6 months," friend. you forgot to add "who MEETS the guy, marries him and buys a house all within 6 months. hehehe.

Mel said...

We bought a house 6 months after we were married. No stress now...just wait til you get INTO the house. Then the stress begins!