Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Back to School Blues

I am having a major case of the back to school blues. Not that I’m in school or going to be attending school in the fall. It’s just one of those days. It’s a Wednesday. It’s August. Summer is on a downward spiral and I feel like this past summer has flown by. I’m not ready for it to end. I know what you’re thinking….it’s only August dummy. Well, true.

July was a month of stress for Keith and me. After we had to put Connie to sleep, Keith got really sick and had a couple of procedures done. To save him the embarrassment, let’s just say he was in the bathroom…a lot! And the Dr that did the procedure, a complete A-Hole! I mean, this guy has no bedside manners. When the biopsies came back the Dr couldn’t see anything, which is good I guess, but still we have no answers for why he has been so sick and didn’t seem to know jack about anything! What a freaking ordeal. My husband, sick as a dog for over 2 weeks, on this medication that makes him even more sick and the last thing he wanted was to be touched or even be around people. Not fun to live with. I don’t like feeling helpless or alienated. Not after 3 ½ months of marriage! Anyway, I’m happy to report Keith is on the mend. But the stress doesn’t end.

We are punching the deadline for a decision on this condo that we could potentially buy. It’s just around the corner. The deadline, I mean. Not the condo. We really don’t know what we should do. There are so many good things about it. It seems like the right decision. But it also seems right to wait and look for a house sometime next fall. What to do, what to do? If any of you have suggestions or help, or even just words of comfort, please….PLEASE!...I beg you. We need them. I’m to the point now where I just want someone else to decide because I don’t know what to do or what I want anymore.

Anyhoo, enough of my complaining. To say the least, I’m more than thrilled that July is over. We are going to Denver a week from Friday and it’ll be so good to get away. But I fear August is full of more of the same, stress and decision making. And before I know it it’ll be snowing again. So yes, I’m a little sad this summer is, in my mind, basically over. Morphine drip anyone? Don’t mind if I do!

5 comments:

April said...

Hmm, sounds like Cami needs a girls night out and some chocolate! I felt the same way when we were buying our house, I'm glad we didn't wait because prices kept going up. Glad Keith seems to be doing a little better, poor guy!

Jackson said...

Hey Cami. I have some advice for you and Keith. Some things are worth waiting for. I would suggest that buying a house is the best way to go, even if the both of you have to wait it out. Nothing compares to owning a piece of land of the "good ole" USA. My opinion, a house is better than a condo. In a house you get to have a yard of your own, you can add a pool, a gym set for the kids in the future. Then you do not have to worry about rowdy neighbors from the next wall over. Then of course you can always have a banging house warming party. Plus ... if I am not mistaking ... home prices are now on the decline. But the final decision is up to you and Keith. Just pray about it!!! All will be well. Take care, -Jackson

gurrbonzo said...

Friend, friend, friend.

My guess is this: if you don't get the condo, in a couple months you'll look at your current place and grumble about how small it was and feel bitter every time you write a rent check. If you DO buy the condo, you'll probably check out housing prices all the time and think "dammit, if we'd held out, we'd have a hard and privacy instead of the neighbor's bass beat."

So yeah there are drawbacks either way, but if stress is your concern, the ticket is to figure out, will the condo add stress or decrease stress? If moving will bring you relief bc you want space and a long-term housing investment, great. If it signing a six figure loan right now makes you want to panic, forget it. My two cents: you've made enough big decisions in the last year. Kick back, let Keith's poop improve, and deal with this later.

And, make a treat.

gurrbonzo said...

i think i meant "we'd have a yard" not "we'd have a hard."

whoops.

Mel said...

Oooh---Jackson had some great advice! Especially the praying part. We loved having a house with a yard and no walls sharing with anyone else. Our friends that have owned condos and sold them said that it takes longer to re-sell than a home.