Friday, October 31, 2008

Redemption

This week has been insane at work. As I've been trying to play catch-up after missing 5 days for Grandma's funeral and then taking on new responsibilities, while trying to juggle my current responsibilities until the new hire starts next month, life has been crazy and I've been feeling very overwhelmed.

Well, today, I finally got redemption for it all. Keith and I were able to get tickets to see Wicked for our anniversary. Tickets went on pre-sale for my work, for one day only. I signed up to get a promotional code and when the sale started at 10am it was nothing but chaos. The website was anything but functioning. It was seriously overloaded and the phone lines were always busy. Not only that but by mid afternoon, word had gotten out that there were no more then single seats available except for a Sunday show. So not only was I a little stressed and frustrated, I didn't have much time at work to really be dealing with all of that. We had a nice catered luncheon for Halloween and I had a stack of work I was trying to whittle my way through. With it being month end there was extra tasks that needed to be done before I could leave for the day. So I had pretty much given up hope that we'd get tickets. Maybe we could try after work, or maybe we could try and get tickets when they go on sale for the general public in December. But I was done.

Then it happened. I got an email from Keith saying he was able to get us 2 tickets together. I was so excited!! That totally redeemed my horrible week and I am just so excited to go with Keith. I have seen Wicked only one other time, in Chicago on our honeymoon. I'm very excited that we will be seeing it to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary.
Thanks Boo!

2 comments:

April said...

sorry about your crazy week - but seriously - Wicked tickets totally make up for it! I'm so so jealous. We saw it in NY and it was the coolest play ever.

heather said...

That is awesome! I am so jealous about those Wicked tickets. :)