Saturday, October 11, 2008

Oouuch Part Two

This morning when I got to work my arm was really itchy. I pulled up my sleeve and my arm was an oval shape, bright red, swollen mass of yuck! It's got to be at least 3 inches in diameter. What?! Ouch! It itches sooooooo badly!! I took an Allegra-D and then ran to Rite Aid to get some Benadryl cream. The cream is really helping with the itching. But man, when is this going to go away? It's been over 24 hours now. I think I may be having an allergic reaction to this sting. I managed to survive the work day without passing out and my boss had 911 on speed dial just in case. But this is really miserable. How I blocked any memory of previous bee sting(s) out of my mind is beyond me. This is 10 times worse then a mosquito bite.


On a lighter, and stranger note, Keith and I were watching a movie tonight with a friend and halfway through the movie Keith gets a call from his dad telling us to get down to Dick's Market to help him buy some steaks. Um...okay.... I don't know if it's the narcotics talking from his recent hand surgery (had 3 bones and a ligament removed.... OUCH!), but he urgently persisted us to come and "bring as many friends as we can." Okay this is really weird. So we get in the car and drive over to Dick's. This is where things got beyond weird. The parking lot was chuck full and there were hordes of people going into and leaving the store. It was like the last day to shop before the store closes for a natural disaster. It was really so strange. We finally found a parking spot, pushed our way into the store and back to the meat counter only to discover Keith's dad was not there. He had already gone home. Apparently they were having "Midnight Madness" and huge sales. His dad wanted us to buy him some steaks because they were limited so many per person. Well when we got there we found out the steaks had been sold out for almost 30 minutes. But it had been less then 30 minutes since we'd received the call and left for the store. And the lines to check out went halfway down the store aisles; some even wrapped around past the bakery. There were so many people you couldn't get around at all. It was the strangest experience. Seriously, is the economy so bad that we are spending hours on a Friday night at the grocery for a few good deals? I mean people's shopping carts were overflowing. This one lady had like 12 bags of potatoes. Now is that really necessary?

3 comments:

Carly said...

That is crazy that a bee sting could do that to you. I vote that you must be allergic. The Dicks thing is totally weird. How odd. It must have been a good sale to deal with that kind of crowds!

Amy said...

Cami - that's horrible and exactly why I'm afraid of bees! It does sound like an allergic reaction. Sometimes allergies get worse the more you get them so I'd try to not get stung by a bee ever again!

Tyler and Shannon said...

Haha. Ty told me about that little shopping adventure.