Saturday, March 28, 2009

Just Keep Swimming

Today Carly and I finally made it back to the rec center to swim. It was so fun! I can't believe we haven't been there to swim in like 9 months. So sad. When we lived in Carly's basement we swam all the time. It was so much easier to go with a swim partner living in the same house. Before I got married I was swimming 3 times a week, on average, for about 1 1/5 hours each session. (Thanks Jessie for lending me your old boyfriend...If nothing else came out of that relationship I got free swim lessons from a really good swimmer.) I seriously love swimming. Not too many things will get me out of bed at 5:45am on a Saturday morning but I was all over it this morning. I felt like a little kid on the first day of school.

Needless to say, we are totally hooked again. I was nervous about going; it had been so long. But it turned out to go really well. We worked hard but took our time with rests in between. This will be great exercise for me throughout my pregnancy and afterwards, so I'm determined to keep going. I just need to remember not to overdo it. Sometimes it's hard to determine how tired you are because of the effortless feeling in the water. Swimming is so rejuvenating. Love it!

6 comments:

Jes said...

I'm a giver! (:

Good for you for going swimming again. Today I went to the gym ... and got a hydro massage.

Mel said...

I miss swimming.

Carly said...

My feelings exactly!

Shyler said...

Hey Cami! We miss you guys! We got our pass to the rec center a week or two ago but haven't been swimming yet. I'm hesitant for two reasons. 1-I've never really been instructed on how to swim laps so I'd probably look like a retarted whale in heat splashing up and down the lane and 2-I'm afraid that the life guard would yell, "No sweaters in the pool!" at me when it is in fact my shirt simply being off.

Shyler said...

By the way, this is Tyler posting comments - I laughed when I looked at my last post and it ambiguously says "Shyler" - so to clear that up, Shan doesn't have a hairy back.

mel n mike said...

Cammers -- You're prego?!!! Geez, Where have I been? Obviously not on your blog! I'm THRILLED for you! Seriously. These three keep me running in circles here. What names are you thinking of? I just love it.