Monday, July 28, 2008

Premature Motherhood

I love my dog. I do. I say this over and over like a mantra. "I love my dog."

Some days I feel like he's my kid cuz he takes so much of my time and energy. Somedays I love him more then others. Some days he disappoints. Some days I wish he could talk but then do I really want to know what he's saying? Nah. I just want him to listen to me! Is that to much to ask, considering I get up at 6am on the weekends to take you out and bathe you and wipe your butt if you have hang off from your dump and pick up your dump and give you toys, oh so many toys.... (I even have extra's of his favorite's stocked up in my pantry for when his current ones get too disgusting to touch)... I find myself talking about him with friends, talking about his poo and his behaviors; what he likes and what he dislikes. But he's just a dog, right? Is there something wrong this this?! :)

In the beginning he tried my patience. But he was so young; that wasn't really his fault. I was just learning the responsibility of it all. Now he tries my patience just because he can. Now he seems to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. Not because he doesn't understand. Just because he wants to be naughty. (I know this because he used to listen to me!) Naughty pup! "Mojo! Stop eating Hedgie; he's not for eating!" Hee hee.

Sure he tore up part of my new carpet. Price of having a dog. Sure the other day he didn't poo once in a 24 hour time period then pooed 5 times in 30 minutes. On a day like that I wish I could just strap a diaper to his furry butt and call it good. Is it his fault his bowels are plugged up with fabric from my rug and fibers from my carpet? YES it is!!! And no matter how many times I tell him to get off the couch, he still gets up there and looks at me like, "Who are you to tell me what to do? The second you leave I'm gonna get right back up here so get used to it lady."

It's cool that I put him in time out when he's bad. He actually responds to this most of the time and it can calm him down if he's really hyper. Still....he's my baby and I feel bad when I have to punish him (most of the time). I find myself giving him little treats or some dry cereal in the morning even though I know I shouldn't and his dad refuses to give him people food. I just can't resist. I'm weak. I mean, how can you say no to a face like this?

In the end I wouldn't trade him for anything. He really is a good pup. (He looks like Yoda here, don't you think?)
He's so cute and is always excited to be around me, even on days when I'm not excited to be around me. He is a part of our family. He does the cutest things. Like when he follows me around the house or how he looks like a rabbit when he runs really fast. How he runs and jumps in the air trying to catch nats in his mouth or little fuzzies flying by. He has the cutest little bark when he plays, "rah, rah"... "rah rah" almost like "bam, bam"... "bam bam". He will run around the living room in a fury with his ears pointed back and his body so close to the ground. Sometimes he'll run into things or he'll try to jump on something and falls over. It's so cute! He makes me laugh so hard sometimes and always has the cutest look on his face; so innocent (and sometimes dumb). That's what really matters; the good times out-weigh the bad. We love you Mojo.


Btw.... What do you think of the new look? Yay? Nay?

3 comments:

Kevin said...

The new look is quite fetching!!

Jes said...

Cami, people food isn't for dogs. You're putting him on a fast track to Type II and no one wants to pay those kind of medical bills for a dog.

Carly said...

We love that picture of Mojo. I can understand why it would be hard to stay mad at him! Cute!