Sunday, August 9, 2009

So Close Yet So Far Away

As I'm nearing the home stretch I feel there's still so much to be done, and yet I can't seem to get motivated to do anything. Slowly but surely I'm making progress. Everyone says I'll start "Nesting" a couple of weeks before the boy is born. Cleaning walls, windows, and whatever else that's suddenly become so urgent it just can't wait.

Yesterday we got our living room carpet and hallway cleaned, and the carpet patched where dear Mojo had a little too much fun. It looks brand new and I couldn't be happier with the results. Hopefully we can keep it clean and looking nice- and that Mojo's chewing phase is over, although I'm not convinced of that yet. Thank heavens for bitter apple. At least he respects that!

I do need to clean the walls and doors, baseboards and vacuum along all the edges of the bedrooms. I look around and think, I really should clean out the air vents, organize the pantry, make sense of this and that- just odds and ends that never really got put in a place when we moved in.

This heat is sucking my desire to do anything. Yesterday was a nice day. After they finished up with the carpets we left for a few hours to allow the floors to dry. When we got back we hibernated in our bedroom for the remainder of the night as the floors were still damp. With the windows and sliding doors open, and the low temps outside, it felt good in our house! I can't seem to get enough of anything cold. Like when I got to Costco and walk into the refrigerator section- normally I don't spend too much time inside but over the last couple of months every time I go in there I find myself scrutinizing over every item cuz it's just so nice to be that cold for a change.

I seem to sleep better with naps these days then I do at night. Maybe it's because I know I have to get up for work- or maybe it's because I'm just getting so anxious for this little guy to get here. To know that he's ok and to see what he looks like. It still seems so surreal that we are going to have a child- and yet I'm just so excited to meet him and hold him that I can hardly stand it- can hardly focus on anything. Our thoughts are consumed these days with all things baby. Even Keith is having a hard time getting into his Fantasy Football as he's preoccupied with the upcoming events.

Either way, I know he'll be here before I know it. 5 weeks will go by quickly and maybe even more so if he comes before then. I should enjoy my last few weeks of pregnancy. I do love feeling him move around and realize once this is over I'm sure I will miss this experience.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I'm getting so excited for you! You will be a great mom and like you I don't think I would ever find the energy to prepare my "nest". You've done so much more then I would, I'm sure. Keep us posted!

Tyler & Shannon Higgins said...

we're so excited for you guys!

Jana said...

He's going to be so cute! i can't wait to see him.

Doney Days said...

You're almost done! I can't believe it! I'm so excited for you!!!