Saturday, August 29, 2009

Lucky Number 10

With only 12 days left till my due date I'm anxiously awaiting that "lucky number 10" and having my little boy here. He has dropped so much and the pressure is mounting- which I'm hoping is a good sign that he'll be here before the 10th. I'm dilated to a 2 as of my appointment last Thursday. My doctor informed me that she will be out of town the week of Labor Day so I'm really hoping he comes sometime next week. I don't know why but for some reason I'm more nervous about her not being there then I am for the actual delivery. Maybe it's because this is my first time giving birth, and I've been going to my doctor for the last 10 years or so, so I totally trust her. Either way, what's going to happen will happen. I just need to have faith things will work out for the best. Cross your fingers that the pressure leads to some water breaking.

In the meantime, here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.



This is a diaper cake one of my co-workers made me for the surprise shower they had for me a couple of weeks ago. Inside the cake was a bunch of onsies and some little pants and wash cloths. There were some spoons, binkies, a brush and rattle toy tucked in the sides of the different tiers. It was really cute.

Pictures of the nursery.

A girl at my work gave me these letters to spell out Wrigley's name. They look really cute on the wall. The camera kind of washes out the green; it's darker then it looks here. I think it's a nice contrast with the colors in the bedding and the furniture.

Oh yeah, that's the name we've decided on. Wrigley Everett Smith. :)

3 comments:

Doney Days said...

I can't believe you only have 12 more days!!! I'm so excited for you! Good luck with everything!!!

Jana said...

I love the nursery! so adorable. we have so much to do before our little guys comes. I'll be out next month so hopefully i can see wrigley! p.s. that name is so cute and perfect for you guys.

Cory and Krista said...

Cute name! I hope he comes early for you too! Its ALWAYS nice when they make it here BEFORE the due date. Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy.