Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mirror Mirror

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall... Who's the fairest of them all?

I'm pretty sure my dog is in love with himself. He always sits in front of the mirror eating bones or playing with toys. Sometimes he even gives himself a kiss by licking the mirror. He makes me laugh. I wonder how he's going to adjust when the baby is born. I think he will be ok. He's really good with kids and really all he wants is to be loved. But he's SUCH a pre-madonna sometimes. Maybe if we hadn't cut off his balls he'd have more of a back bone. :) Okay, that's rude. But true. I love the guy more then I probably should. He's certainly the funniest, cutest dog I've ever owned. Hee hee. (and the only one!)

I can hardly believe I have 9 weeks left until this baby is born- assuming I go to my due date. I asked my DR this week if she was planning to induce me on Sept 10th and she said yes (Hooray!!) if she hasn't already induced me. So I guess there's a chance I could have him earlier. I just hope I don't have him in August. I feel like there is still so much to do, at home and at work. It's going to be weird not going to work. So much of my life revolves around it. And it's going to be strange going back because by then I'll be so used to just being home with my little guy. But it all works out right? Gotta make that money and I'm grateful to have a job that I truly enjoy- if I do have to work- things could always be worse.

Anyway, he's been moving alot more and the DR said his head is down so that's a good sign. Hopefully by this point he's too big to turn and I won't have to worry about a c-section. But there's still quite a bit of time before he's ready to be born; anything could happen. I'm still trying to keep an open mind about either delivery method. I have been feeling, what feels like anyway, a foot pushing out on my right side, just under my boob and towards my rib. It doesn't hurt, yet. It's just so cool to feel him so much now. I was kind of worried earlier when I couldn't always feel him. But the DR said I have an anterior placenta and that can make it harder to feel the baby until close to the end. His heartbeat was so strong and loud and he seems to be doing well. I'm excited to meet him and see who he looks like.

Keith thinks he will look like him, because all of the babies on my side of the family (i.e. my niece and nephew, and even my oldest sister herself) all look more like their dads. It's true. So we'll see. I haven't actually seen any baby pictures of Keith. Is that weird? But he was a cute little kid and his mom tells me he had a lot of hair when he was born. Anyway, it's pretty exciting and I just love this little baby so much; I can't even imagine what I'm going to feel when he's here and I can see him, hold him, and watch him being his own little person. It's pretty amazing the whole process and I'm so grateful that I've been blessed to have this experience. Hopefully I can do what I need to to deserve this little guy and be a good mom. I think mostly it will just come with time and hopefully some help from the big guy upstairs.

2 comments:

thejbairdbeat said...

You'll be a great mom! Don't worry. That's exciting to be able to feel him moving. It is an amazing feeling. :)

Thanks for the card. You are nice.

Carly said...

Little mojo! He's so cute. If I were that cute I would spend all day in front of the mirror too!